Heavy Haul Driver – Alaska
Date Posted: 01/18/2018
Location: Anchorage, AK
Minimum Salary: DOE
Maximum Salary: DOE
Type of Job: Full Time
Benefits: To be discussed
Responsible to drive and haul equipment of extreme weight to specified job site. Operate and control equipment to facilitate the movement of job equipment to and from hauling truck.
- Load and unload various construction equipment from or to delivery truck.
- Monitor and secure all equipment and supplies while loading, unloading and en-route.
- Obtain permits for oversize loads.
- Drive / transport equipment, supplies and materials to and from job sites.
- Maintain driving log book when needed.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Assist other shop and operations staff as requested.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and preferably able to perform other tasks satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum: Familiarity with driving industrial trucks and various construction equipment. Familiarity hauling extreme weight. One year of job related experience. Must possess a valid Class A commercial driver license.
Preferred: Two years vocational training in trucking or equivalent work experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of load permits and state and federal truck driving regulations.
- Knowledge of and ability to safely secure loads for transport.
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to assess and record written data and information.
- Ability to communicate information in writing so others will understand.
- Ability to effectively understand and communicate verbally with others.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
- Ability to meet delivery schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to operate a commercial truck.
- Ability to drive construction equipment for axle loading and unloading purposes.
Ability to frequently lift and move up to 100lbs and climb on and off loads. Ability to sit and drive for long periods.
Work is performed in the equipment yard and at project sites with moderate to loud noise levels. Much work time is spent on the road driving to and from pick up and delivery sites, including night driving.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.