Mechanic – Big Lake, Alaska
Date Posted: 5/3/2021
Location: Big Lake, AK
Minimum Salary: $28
Maximum Salary: $33
Type of Job: Full Time
Benefits: 401(k) and Health Insurance (after probationary period is complete)
Responsible to repair, adjust, service and maintain equipment and machinery used on projects.
- Inspect and evaluate incoming equipment and machines and determine malfunctions and defects.
- Assemble, re-assemble and disassemble various equipment and machines.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Clean, lube and perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Maintain routine equipment maintenance schedule.
- Make adjustments and repairs to equipment and machines, testing and ensuring operating efficiency.
- Maintain log book of all equipment and machine repairs, services, adjustments and work performed.
- Pick up/deliver necessary supplies, materials and equipment as needed.
- Load and unload various equipment and machines from or to delivery truck.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Assist other shop and operations staff as requested.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and preferably able to perform other tasks satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum: Familiarity with repair and maintenance of construction equipment, machinery and tools. One year of job related experience. Must possess a valid state driver license.
Preferred: Two years vocational training in construction maintenance or equivalent work experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to use various construction equipment and tools.
- Ability to read and follow assembly and instruction manuals.
- Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Knowledge of and ability repair equipment and follow related procedures.
- Ability to assess and troubleshoot equipment failure.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to see and record written data and information.
- Ability to communicate information in writing so others will understand.
- Ability to effectively understand and communicate verbally with others.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
- Ability to meet equipment schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to wear protective clothing.
Ability to frequently lift and move up to 100lbs. Ability to push and pull up to 100lbs. Ability to consistently handle and work with equipment parts and tools. Ability to work in frequent and repetitive movement throughout the day (walking, stooping, crouching, kneeling, etc.). Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
Work is performed in a shop and equipment yard environment with moderate to loud noise levels.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.